East Coast Throwdown V from Morristown, New Jersey will start off with KOF XIII pools today stream by Team Spooky
KOF XIII Pools
Once again another character with quite a lot of untapped potential. Although EX Kyo’s combos don’t look too complicated compared to other characters, there are multiple parts that require strict timing whether it be links or juggling. His rekka combos do nice solid damage but if you want to go that extra mile for damage, you have to throw them out the window and start depending on his Orochinagi super more. Also understanding how the damage scaling in this game works will help a lot in pushing EX Kyo’s limits.
At long last, an EX Kyo stun combo is born. Probably lost some brain cells in the process too.
Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja have announced an updated version of Dead or Alive 5 known as Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. This new update of DOA5 will include new stages and characters such as Momiji added to the roster. Enjoy the first trailer seen below, there’s a good surprise at the end of it too!
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will be released this fall on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
EVO 2013 will be held from July 12 to July 14, 2013, and its main game roster has just been revealed!
Main game lineup
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012
- Mortal Kombat
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Street Fighter x Tekken ver. 2013
- The King of Fighters XIII
- Persona 4 Arena
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
Update 05/07/2013. Injustice: Gods Among Us has been confirmed as a main event game as well, thus expanding the game roster from eight to nine.
Here are full results from Civil War V last weekend. Congratulations to RyRy for winning the tournament! Below is a trailer, player schedule, pool brackets of NorCal Regionals 2013 coming up April 26th-28th.
1. RyRy (EX Kyo/Benimaru/Kim)
2, AGE|NYChrisG (Mature/King/Benimaru)
3. EMP|Jon Slayton (Duo Lon/Mr. Karate/Kensou, Billy/Duo Lon/Mr. Karate)
4. Pac Strife (King/Vice/K’)
After finishing the video, I’m surprised at how much untapped potential Leona still has. First of all, Leona combos can be really easy or really hard depending on how well you’re at buffering. You mainly just need to know how to TK supers and cancel her d~u P into b~f K. If you can do both of those with ease, you’ve already pretty much conquered most of her combos. Oh and she does a ton of damage since most of her attacks are single hits.
Leona combo video coming soon! Some other noteworthy combos in the finished video are:
99 hit combo
max damage with two power gauges and hd mode
Here are full results from Texas Showdown last weekend. Congratulations to Xian for winning the tournament! Also an interview of AGE|Romance at the tournament in person. Below is a trailer of Civil War V coming up April 19th-21st. KOF XIII will be included in the tournament along with KOF 98, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and other SNK fighters!
1. DM.MCZ|Xian (Mr. Karate/EX Kyo/EX Iori)
2. AGE|Romance (King/Benimaru/Yuri, Benimaru/Hwa/Yuri, Athena/Benimaru/Yuri)
3. AGE|Mario (Mai/Terry/EX Iori)
4. AGE|NYChrisG (Mature/King/Benimaru)
5. Blake Martin (Iori/Kensou/Kyo)
5. Foxstep CEO (Chin/Kim/Takuma)
7. EG|Justin Wong (Mr. Karate/Athena/King)
7. Vicio (Mature/Leona/Vice)
9. TF|Kiyardo (Kyo/Kensou/Takuma, EX Kyo/Kensou/Takuma)
9. Synx (Duo Lon/Kyo/Shen)
9. Wreck-It Raph (Saiki/EX Iori/Kim)
9. 201 Nem (Kensou/Mai/Yuri)