SNK posted in their Twitter that the patch of The King of Fighters XIV will be available on October 19th at 10:00 AM (JST) (or on October 18th at 6:00 PM (Pacific Daylight)). The Patch consists of balance updates, further […]
The King of Fighters XIV will come soon in the Japanese Arcades via Taito‘s NESiCA x Live 2 (tentative title) on Summer 2017 as it’s launch title. NESiCA x Live 2 will have online matchmaking. This announcement came at Toushinsai […]
Hamster‘s Arcade Archives for the PlayStation 4 has added five NeoGeo Titles. They are the following: Fatal Fury Alpha Mission 2 -The Last Guardian- Samurai Shodown The King of Fighters ’94 Metal Slug Each title costs 823 Yen and are […]
At the EVO Japan Talk Show Panel at the Tokyo Game Show, SNK staff, Yasuyuki Oda and Hidetoshi “Neo_G” Ishizawa, shared their insights and plans about The King of Fighters XIV and the future projects of SNK after KOF XIV. […]
SNK will be at the Evo Japan event that will be held at the Tokyo Game Show on September 16th at 4Gamer‘s TGS booth. SNK’s talk show panel will begin at 1:15 PM–2:00 PM (JST). According to The King of […]
The Patch consists of balance updates, further netcode fixes, gameplay adjustments such as the removal of fuzzy guard (also known as F-Shiki) and adjustments to input commands, and a harsher ragequit punishment. (Source: MadMan’s Cafe)
The King of Fighters XIV will come soon in the Japanese Arcades via Taito‘s NESiCA x Live 2 (tentative title) on Summer 2017 as it’s launch title. NESiCA x Live 2 will have online matchmaking.
This announcement came at Toushinsai 2016. More information will come in the future at JAEPO 2017 on February 10th to 12, 2017.
(Credits to Gatoray for the video)
闘.ch (tou.ch) will host a King of Fighters XIV tournament in 闘.ch Battle EXTRA as part of the e-sports SQUARE CUP. The tournament will be held in e-sports SQUARE in Akihabara on October 21st from 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM (JST). It will be streamed on 闘.ch’s NicoNico account.
Further information about the tournament will be found here.
The PlayStation Channel released a trailer for The King of Fighters XIV featuring the The King of Fighters XIV World Championship what will be held around 2017. The trailer features Antonov and his assistant, Yakov discussing about it.
Stay tuned for the remaining upcoming information.
In Canada Cup‘s Twitter, they announced that The King of Fighters XIV Tournament in Canada Cup is a KOF World Championship Qualifier.
Canada Cup will be held from October 28th to 30th at The Holiday Inn, Toronto Airport in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Northeast Championships will also be a part of the KOF World Championship Qualifier.
Source: Canada Cup (Twitter)
The King of Fighters XIV will be at SoCal Regionals (SCR) that will be held on October 14th to 16th at eSports Arena in Santa Ana, California.
Level | Up Series will stream the matches.
UPDATE: Level | Up Series announced in their Twitter that Atlus USA added an additional $1,000 pot bonus, as well as as a qualifier for the KOF XIV World Championship.
Hamster‘s Arcade Archives for the PlayStation 4 has added five NeoGeo Titles. They are the following:
- Fatal Fury
- Alpha Mission 2 -The Last Guardian-
- Samurai Shodown
- The King of Fighters ’94
- Metal Slug
Each title costs 823 Yen and are planned to be released later this year. It will be initially available in Japan, but there are plans of worldwide release in the future like other Arcade Archives titles.
The King of Fighters XIV will be at the Southeast Major (SEAM) 2016 that will be held on October 7th to 9th at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Here are the following schedules:
(All schedules in Singapore Time)
October 8 – 6:00 PM-8:00 PM (Pools)
October 9 – 10:00 AM-11:00 AM (Top 4)
It will be streamed on BEast’s Twitch Channel.
Source: BEast (Twitter)
At the EVO Japan Talk Show Panel at the Tokyo Game Show, SNK staff, Yasuyuki Oda and Hidetoshi “Neo_G” Ishizawa, shared their insights and plans about The King of Fighters XIV and the future projects of SNK after KOF XIV. They also shared minor details of the aborted Garou: Mark of the Wolves sequel.
Synopsis (Provided by Professor of MadMan’s Cafe):
- The King of Fighters XIV’s Patch that has balance, input and gameplay fixes, and improved matchmaking will come on October.
- The feedback was surprisingly positive for the staff. Although they admit there are moves that were “too powerful”.
- They will later announce the details in a further date about The King of Fighters XIV World Championship.
- They consider about DLC Costumes in the future, but they still need to think out if DLC characters are considered.
- They are not planning their next game yet after KOF XIV. While Samurai Shodown VII is considered, each of the development team are still sharing their presentations of other titles before their superiors.
- Some insights of the abandoned Garou: MOW sequel:
- The game was in 50% in development before being cancelled.
- Most newcomers are “intellectual villains”.
- Gato’s (and probably Hotaru’s) father’s name is Gaoh (written in Japanese as 牙王 (translation: fang king)). He’s the new character with red hair, asymmetrical shirt and black pants.
- Gato’s sprite is altered, with his eyes closed (Gaoh blinds Gato as he was attempting to kill Kain in his ending).
- The full name of Joe’s female student is Kwan Khontai.
- The unnamed white haired boy wearing a cap beside Kain looks over as Rock’s guardian after joining in his side.
- Oda admitted that arcades die down, causing lack of player socialization. However with tournaments and events such as EVO Japan, where players can socialize again.
- The memorable incident in KOF XIV’s development was Neo_G’s Kabutomushi (Japanese Rhinoceros Beetle). His beetles overbred, causing him to give away some of them to the development team.
The King of Fighters XIV will be at the Northeast Championships 17 (NEC 17) on December 16th to 18th at the Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
Recently,it’s organizer, Big E Gaming, announced that Atlus USA and Texas FGC added $500 each to the NEC 17 Prize Pot to the current $2100 prize pot, totaling to a $3100 prize pot. This event is also a part of SNK‘s upcoming King of Fighters XIV World Championship.