Author Topic: Musou Discussion Thread...  (Read 5637 times)

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
  • COOLNESS: 0
Re: Musou Discussion Thread...
« Reply #40 on: 01 of August of 2015, 08:36:51 AM »
I think you are referring to Ni-Oh? Quite some years ago Omega Force started working on it, but for some reason it just vanished, as you said. Then KOEI and Tecmo merged, and the development of this game was handed over to Team Ninja.

The messages in the mysterious website could actually suggest Ni-Oh, if it wasn't that the website is for an Omega Force game, while Ni-Oh is developed by Team Ninja.

By the way, mysterious website's message of the day: "Who can you truly trust?"

Wasn't Hyrule Warriors on Omega Force's part despite being from both? Given the success of it that's another reason it would be a good time to resurrect it. I imagine that would let them do what they kept wanting to do but each company couldn't nail the whole individually.

Probably not it, but would be interesting to improve on what they did with HW.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
  • COOLNESS: 2
« Reply #41 on: 03 of August of 2015, 06:02:50 AM »
Wasn't Hyrule Warriors on Omega Force's part despite being from both? Given the success of it that's another reason it would be a good time to resurrect it. I imagine that would let them do what they kept wanting to do but each company couldn't nail the whole individually.

Probably not it, but would be interesting to improve on what they did with HW.

It would be nice if it were Ni-Oh. However, while the Hyrule Warriors website showed both Omega Force's and Team Ninja's logos, the mysterious website shows Omega Force's only.
Maybe it's just a new IP, although it would seem odd that they are giving clues as if people were supposed to guess.

- I am the author of the works in my avatar and signature. Please don't steal. -

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #42 on: 03 of August of 2015, 07:21:47 AM »
It would be nice if it were Ni-Oh. However, while the Hyrule Warriors website showed both Omega Force's and Team Ninja's logos, the mysterious website shows Omega Force's only.
Maybe it's just a new IP, although it would seem odd that they are giving clues as if people were supposed to guess.

*shrugs* Like it's warriors game but not a warriors game. Also be weird given out clues for a new IP. My guess is something random that no one could possibly guess, or something like Warriors Orochi, but with a twist making it warriors but not warriors.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #43 on: 03 of August of 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
*shrugs* Like it's warriors game but not a warriors game. Also be weird given out clues for a new IP. My guess is something random that no one could possibly guess, or something like Warriors Orochi, but with a twist making it warriors but not warriors.

If it's not a new IP, one of the Japanese words in the latest clue ("tatakae"), added to all the previous hints, made me think of Attack on Titan. In that case, I wouldn't be interested, I haven't even read the manga nor watched the anime. It's very popular all over the world, though, so it could bring KOEI a lot of money.

By the way, today is the Shin Sangokumusou series' 15th anniversary =), and specific website was opened for the occasion: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou/ .
Drooling on that picture of Zhao Yun aside, the website filled me with nostalgia. Especially while watching the video I felt tears coming on XD.

- I am the author of the works in my avatar and signature. Please don't steal. -

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #44 on: 03 of August of 2015, 10:20:22 AM »
If it's not a new IP, one of the Japanese words in the latest clue ("tatakae"), added to all the previous hints, made me think of Attack on Titan. In that case, I wouldn't be interested, I haven't even read the manga nor watched the anime. It's very popular all over the world, though, so it could bring KOEI a lot of money.

By the way, today is the Shin Sangokumusou series' 15th anniversary =), and specific website was opened for the occasion: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou/ .
Drooling on that picture of Zhao Yun aside, the website filled me with nostalgia. Especially while watching the video I felt tears coming on XD.

Ugh! I started watching it since they show it on Toonami on Cartoon Network. Premise started off good enough but I got bored quickly. Also too much shock value death for my taste. You know the shock value death is bad when you start seeing interviews in which other people that work on it talk about talking the creator out of killing characters.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode

Offline PureYeti

• Mid-Boss
  • Online Mode
  • COOLNESS: 37
« Reply #46 on: 04 of August of 2015, 10:19:27 PM »
Hmmm it will look better than the DS game for sure. I don't know if they can do the swing mechanic well

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #47 on: 05 of August of 2015, 03:23:32 AM »
Ahah, the "mystery" was unveiled one day ahead of schedule XD.
So indeed they didn't put "tatakae" in one of the hints for nothing.

Official website: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shingeki/ .
There's just a teaser video now.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #48 on: 15 of September of 2015, 06:18:11 AM »
Shin Sangokumusou 7 (Dynasty Warriors 8 ) VR has been revealed at the Tokyo Game Show.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #49 on: 15 of September of 2015, 10:35:46 AM »
Since we were taliing about it when the Attack of Titan game was being teased, Ni-oh is finally coming to PS4 next year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-15-koei-tecmos-samurai-game-nioh-resurfaces-on-ps4-10-years-later
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhkm_CujrnU

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #50 on: 18 of September of 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
Doesn't what they showed of Nioh (it seems they officially ditched the hyphen in the game's title XD) look great =)?
I think both graphics and art style look good, I'm waiting to know more.

It reminded me of Onimusha, and I'm saying it as a compliment, since I loved Onimusha.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #51 on: 18 of September of 2015, 11:06:45 AM »
Doesn't what they showed of Nioh (it seems they officially ditched the hyphen in the game's title XD) look great =)?
I think both graphics and art style look good, I'm waiting to know more.

It reminded me of Onimusha, and I'm saying it as a compliment, since I loved Onimusha.

Yeah, I've seen alot of positivity for the game. Keep seeing Onimusha fans call it "the new Onimusha Capcom refuses to give us." XD

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #52 on: 21 of September of 2015, 05:19:13 AM »
Yeah, I've seen alot of positivity for the game. Keep seeing Onimusha fans call it "the new Onimusha Capcom refuses to give us." XD

Ahah, true XD. By the way, considering what Capcom are doing to their games nowadays, it's probably better if they don't touch Onimusha anymore at least until/unless they come to their senses.

Speaking of TGS, most fans (both Western, Japanese and Chinese) expected a significant announcement about DW (even DW9) considering that it's their main franchise, DW8 has been out for quite some time, and this year is the 15th anniversary of the series. KOEI even held a special talk show about the 15th anniversary at the end of the TGS, it seemed they made it on purpose to end with a bang... but the only new thing they showed about DW at the TGS was Shin Sangokumusou 7 VR, that is practically nothing.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #53 on: 21 of September of 2015, 01:09:45 PM »
Ahah, true XD. By the way, considering what Capcom are doing to their games nowadays, it's probably better if they don't touch Onimusha anymore at least until/unless they come to their senses.

Speaking of TGS, most fans (both Western, Japanese and Chinese) expected a significant announcement about DW (even DW9) considering that it's their main franchise, DW8 has been out for quite some time, and this year is the 15th anniversary of the series. KOEI even held a special talk show about the 15th anniversary at the end of the TGS, it seemed they made it on purpose to end with a bang... but the only new thing they showed about DW at the TGS was Shin Sangokumusou 7 VR, that is practically nothing.

Indeed. XD Nioh also seems very Souls, it even has the annoying go back to find your body to regain your shit, in this games case a summon. I think that's the only disappointment from what has been shown. Hope they don't take inspiration from the rest of those games artificial difficulty.

Well they are making a new engine supposedly on top of all the licensed products liek Dragon Warriors and Attack on Titan, and that other anime Warriors I posted about awhile back. Hopefully they're taking there time and doing a much needed overall to graphics, and taking influence from the positive reception of Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Warriors Heroes mission design.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #54 on: 24 of September of 2015, 05:34:17 AM »
Well they are making a new engine supposedly on top of all the licensed products liek Dragon Warriors and Attack on Titan, and that other anime Warriors I posted about awhile back. Hopefully they're taking there time and doing a much needed overall to graphics, and taking influence from the positive reception of Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Warriors Heroes mission design.

My fear is that they are just working on too many projects. While the reason is obvious (more games = more money), I worry about quality.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #55 on: 06 of October of 2015, 05:17:08 PM »

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #56 on: 23 of December of 2015, 04:47:08 AM »
I don't think many will be interested in the news but I decided to share it anyway considering the pachinko and pachislot subject came out various times lately.

A pachinko based on Shin Hokuto Musou will be released by Sammy in March 2016.

Official video:
ぱちんこCR真・北斗無双 スペシャル映像
Official website:
http://www.sammy-fan.com/ .

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #57 on: 29 of March of 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
I got Hyrule Warriors Legends. I was worried since I didn't have a New 3DS and everyone was going on about how horrible 3DS version is, but it's been pretty fine on 3DS so far. They locked it at the same framerate as Ocarina of Time N64 (seems a bit higher though), so it plays a bit slower than the Wii U and New 3DS version, but it's consistent and hasn't did any dip and caused slowdown. Also less enemies rendered at once, which caused a lot of bitching, yet I'm still getting 1500-1700 kills per level.... Yes, that's totally WAY too few. :P

Anyway. What do you think of Linkle's gameplay Seras?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj9AJmn5kyE
Just got her first mission, and first think I thought was "isn't this what DW8:Empires Lianshi should have been?" What do you think? Think they should scrap the current Lianshi moveset and go back to crossbow style based on this for DW9?

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #58 on: 30 of March of 2016, 02:12:35 AM »
Anyway. What do you think of Linkle's gameplay Seras?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj9AJmn5kyE
Just got her first mission, and first think I thought was "isn't this what DW8:Empires Lianshi should have been?" What do you think? Think they should scrap the current Lianshi moveset and go back to crossbow style based on this for DW9?
I haven't played Hyrule Warriors Legends, but, after watching the video you posted the link to, I thought that:
1. I like the mandarin duck hooks a lot, but I don't think their moveset fits Lianshi (I remember an official source stated that they gave Lianshi the crossbow because she, despite being a bodyguard, isn't trained in martial arts. The very martial mandarin duck hooks contrast with that first statement, which was quite defining of Lianshi's persona, by the way);
2. I would immediately give the crossbow back to her, a modified moveset would be fine (the mandarin duck hooks can be given to someone else they fit better, like a new character);
3. YES!, LINKLE'S MOVESET FOR LIANSHI! Or something similar. I absolutely agree with you that this is what DW8E Lianshi should have been.
And that isn't even the first time KOEI showed they can do nice things with crossbow movesets (see Hokuto Musou/Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage).

Also less enemies rendered at once, which caused a lot of bitching, yet I'm still getting 1500-1700 kills per level.... Yes, that's totally WAY too few. :P
XD

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #59 on: 09 of June of 2016, 03:23:59 AM »
This news is three days old, sorry I forgot to share it here.

Omega Force is producing a new mysterious game, the only hint is the teaser site at the page
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omega_new/
where you can read "the baddest/most violent/most evil in Musou history" and the date 13 June.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #60 on: 09 of June of 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
Most people think it's Berserk.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #61 on: 09 of June of 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
My first impression was Berserk too (manga that I read twenty years ago when the Italian edition was first released and it still wasn't so famous): besides the "baddest/most violent/most evil in Musou history" hint, the colours and effects used in the teaser site could certainly fit a Berserk-themed game.
Also, a Berserk new anime series will premiere very soon.

If it's not Berserk and this new title is to be connected to the one that KOEI announced will be revealed at E3, it makes me suppose that it could be the collaboration with a Western franchise they mentioned various times. That would justify an announcement at the E3 instead of, for example, at the Tokyo Game Show or other Japanese events as it usual happens.

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #62 on: 11 of June of 2016, 02:03:06 AM »
When the teaser site was opened and I thought that the colours and effects used could certainly fit a Berserk-themed game, I didn't imagine they would make it even more Berserk-ish by adding a dripping symbol XD.

Incidentally, Mortal Kombat, Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formars were mentioned too. They meet the bad/violent/evil requirement but they don't seem to fit the Musou formula, at least from the little I know about those two anime series.
Anyway, until the mysterious game is revealed, we can't say for sure what it is. It may be anything and KOEI might surprise us, who knows.

Offline Yuki Yagami

• ⑨ BAKA
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • COOLNESS: 50
  • The ⑨ of CX
« Reply #63 on: 12 of June of 2016, 11:18:11 PM »
Most people think it's Berserk.

When the teaser site was opened and I thought that the colours and effects used could certainly fit a Berserk-themed game, I didn't imagine they would make it even more Berserk-ish by adding a dripping symbol XD.

You both are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w1UlJb-ZY (Teaser is NSFW)
Lasciate ogni speranza...

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #64 on: 13 of June of 2016, 01:47:27 AM »
Eheh, not surprising.

I live with awful people who stay up at night and take food during the night and early in the morning, their noise wake me up more than once before it's time for me to get out of bed. Sometimes all I'm able to sleep is three or four hours in a whole night, needless to say I feel unwell the entire day.
...Well, it was useful for once, since I was awakened as usual and could take a look at the official site not much after the mysterious game was revealed, ahah (it was revealed when it was 4 a.m. here).

Now the page http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omega_new/ automatically redirects to http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/berserk-musou/ .

Offline Yuki Yagami

• ⑨ BAKA
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • The ⑨ of CX
« Reply #65 on: 22 of June of 2016, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline Yuki Yagami

• ⑨ BAKA
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • The ⑨ of CX
« Reply #66 on: 13 of September of 2016, 02:09:45 AM »
New Musou game featuring Koei Tecmo characters called "Musou Stars" shown at Sony's pre-TGS conference.

EDIT: Now with Video...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYjysQgbLgQ[/youtube]

« Last Edit: 13 of September of 2016, 07:43:00 AM by Yuki Yagami »

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #67 on: 17 of December of 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
Shin Sangokumusou 8/Dynasty Warriors 9 has been (finally) announced in an event broadcast live on YouTube, NicoNico and Fresh! by AbemaTV hours ago.

Needless to say, I watched the whole stream waiting exactly for that XD.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #68 on: 17 of December of 2016, 02:51:31 PM »
Open world Dynasty Warriors sounds interesting, but does make me wonder how they'll go about who you play as this time. Hope it's just start game, select favorite character, GO!
In hindsight the direction isn't too surprising, they had fields and towns in Dragon Quest Heroes 2, so expanding on that into full open world is the next step.

P.S. What's Dysnaty Warriors Godseekers?
« Last Edit: 17 of December of 2016, 02:59:31 PM by TheDuskwalker »

Offline Sera

• Online Mode
« Reply #69 on: 18 of December of 2016, 03:09:06 AM »
Open world Dynasty Warriors sounds interesting, but does make me wonder how they'll go about who you play as this time. Hope it's just start game, select favorite character, GO!
In hindsight the direction isn't too surprising, they had fields and towns in Dragon Quest Heroes 2, so expanding on that into full open world is the next step.

P.S. What's Dysnaty Warriors Godseekers?
Honestly, the open world announcement worried me a bit. I'm not sure how well it will blend with the usual DW formula. My fear is that story and character development will be affected negatively.
But, again, they showed very little. As usual, we can just wait and see, I suppose.

Dynasty Warriors Godseekers ("Shin Sangokumusou Eiketsuden" in Japanese, here is the official website if you want to take a look: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou_eiketsuden/) is a turn-based simulation RPG.
It's still based on the Three Kingdoms but with more fantasy elements and two non-historical original characters, the magical girl Lixia and Zhao Yun's fictional childhood friend Lei Bin.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Professional Mode
« Reply #70 on: 19 of December of 2016, 01:20:12 AM »
Honestly, the open world announcement worried me a bit. I'm not sure how well it will blend with the usual DW formula. My fear is that story and character development will be affected negatively.
But, again, they showed very little. As usual, we can just wait and see, I suppose.

Dynasty Warriors Godseekers ("Shin Sangokumusou Eiketsuden" in Japanese, here is the official website if you want to take a look: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou_eiketsuden/) is a turn-based simulation RPG.
It's still based on the Three Kingdoms but with more fantasy elements and two non-historical original characters, the magical girl Lixia and Zhao Yun's fictional childhood friend Lei Bin.

Well Godseekers doesn't sound exciting on paper. XD

I'm expecting the Metal Gear Solid V take on "open world" which would probably work for DW style gameplay unlike Metal Gear Solid, which was just boring, tedious, and awkward for a "stealth" game.