Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN  (Read 176995 times)

Online hybridial

• Survival Mode
  • Most probably fueled by vengeance
Re: STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN
« Reply #1230 on: 02 of May of 2012, 07:16:30 AM »
You can't patent a combat technique.

Trying to point out a fighting game move is a rip off of another is about as clever as pointing out when two pro wrestlers use the same move.

::)

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #1231 on: 07 of May of 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
Well this game "moved" 1.4 million copies, and RE:ORC "moved" 1.7 million copies. To go along with those "sluggish" sales Capcom reported both sales and profits were down from last year, which themself were down from the year before, which themself were down from the year before (never learn from mistakes 3 years in a row Capcom, never learn).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-infects-17-million-6375385

Offline 00Bear00

• Challenge Mode
  • Kick back relax
« Reply #1232 on: 07 of May of 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
I hope to hell people are learning now, we need to not buy games that are half assed anymore

Hell I saw someone asking Harada for TT2 to have some DLC costumes and the game isnt even out yet. Why are there people who ask for DLC for a game that isnt even out yet, why not just ask them to put the crap you want in the game....I guess I cant blame the decline in quality only on the game companies  :-\

Offline Shiki Orochinagi

• Story Mode
  • Extra-Vehicular Activity Armor.
« Reply #1233 on: 08 of May of 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
Well this game "moved" 1.4 million copies, and RE:ORC "moved" 1.7 million copies. To go along with those "sluggish" sales Capcom reported both sales and profits were down from last year, which themself were down from the year before, which themself were down from the year before (never learn from mistakes 3 years in a row Capcom, never learn).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-infects-17-million-6375385

Thank god, RE ORC had more sales than SxT the game is not that awful

Offline Sera

• Survival Mode
« Reply #1234 on: 09 of May of 2012, 03:01:25 AM »
I hope to hell people are learning now, we need to not buy games that are half assed anymore

Hell I saw someone asking Harada for TT2 to have some DLC costumes and the game isnt even out yet. Why are there people who ask for DLC for a game that isnt even out yet, why not just ask them to put the crap you want in the game....I guess I cant blame the decline in quality only on the game companies  :-\

I don't know, the "asking for DLC instead of in-game contents" conception seems so counterproductive that I don't even understand why people should ask that. Even less if the DLC isn't free. Really, I have wondered many times why DLC and especially paid DLC became popular and even in demand.
As for half-baked games, I already expressed my opinion more than once, so I'll stop it here. However I think it's good that some producers still care about both quantity and quality and don't support paid DLC.

- I am the author of the works in my avatar and signature. Please don't steal. -

Offline 00Bear00

• Challenge Mode
  • Kick back relax
« Reply #1235 on: 09 of May of 2012, 04:54:09 AM »
I created a twitter to talk to some of my friends back home who dont have FB, I really dont care for it but its fun to read game devs updates, and seeing fans ask for DLC just makes me so disappointed. I mean capcom messed up with this game on many levels but if there are people out there saying stupid shit like this I guess I cant blame them as much (but I still will lol  ;D)

Offline JAVH

• Arcade Mode (Normal)
  • Dark Templar
« Reply #1236 on: 09 of May of 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
I watched a SFxT stream of a tournament some days ago and almost 90% of the matches ended in time out, people in chat taked as joke "5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR" because of this, players abusing of jab, only chosing Capcom players, people in chat was very angry, bored and booing the game, because the slowness of the game, lot of people questioned how can be this in EVO.

This game was very bad designed, is unbelievable a fighting game most times end in time out.

Offline Shiki Orochinagi

• Story Mode
« Reply #1237 on: 09 of May of 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
Because the game is about rushdown and not to play "SF style", people still dont get it, they are afraid to be on offensive and attack, they just want to do footsies and wait their turn to attack without response lol

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #1238 on: 14 of May of 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/14/disc-dlc-capcom-re-evaluating-how-game-content-delivered-future/

And Capcom still haven't learned a fucking thing. *facepalm*

Them saying Dragon's Dogma DLC content was in development when the game begin is one of the problems. Get the actual game and core content polished and working properly before you start the work on DLC of any kind. Sheesh!
« Last Edit: 14 of May of 2012, 11:06:48 PM by TheDuskwalker »

Online Don Vecta

• The Hammer of CX
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • It's a dictatorship, I tell you! -.-
    • Cyberfanatix 3.0
« Reply #1239 on: 15 of May of 2012, 01:44:43 AM »
^ Fuck them! With more options like VF5R, TTT2 and with old games like KOF XIII, Skullgirls and even MK who gives a shit about Capcom now? Their practices will keep sinking their sales and not getting any better rating of service, so for me they can rot in fucking hell for much I give a fuck!

And no, we're not being heard because WE GAMERS DON'T WANT THAT! Only the moronic cockriders would, but not most of the decent gamers out there! They sound like fucking politicians!
« Last Edit: 15 of May of 2012, 01:48:29 AM by Don Vecta »

"Scissor is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper.

Offline 00Bear00

• Challenge Mode
  • Kick back relax
« Reply #1240 on: 15 of May of 2012, 04:08:07 AM »
it was funny to try and see them be preemptive about this one, like they were trying to pull and eminem in 8 mile

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #1241 on: 15 of May of 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
Capcom are now blaming other fighting games for SFxT failing.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/street-fighter-x-tekken-sales-blamed-on-cannibalism-6376795

I don't think "our game wasn't good enough to exist in a competitive environment" is a good excuse, but okay then. Also a large chunk of that cannibalism was Capcom themself......

Online Mikel

• Doom netplay enthusiast
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Online Mode
  • KOF XIII is SO November 2011
« Reply #1242 on: 15 of May of 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Capcom are now blaming other fighting games for SFxT failing.

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/street-fighter-x-tekken-sales-blamed-on-cannibalism-6376795[/url]

I don't think "our game wasn't good enough to exist in a competitive environment" is a good excuse, but okay then. Also a large chunk of that cannibalism was Capcom themself......

Although I am getting the game myself next Friday, this is a big slap in the face to them. They even blamed KOF XIII, SCV, MK and BlazBlue CS: Extend for the game's failure.
« Last Edit: 15 of May of 2012, 10:52:27 AM by Mikel »

Online Don Vecta

• The Hammer of CX
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • It's a dictatorship, I tell you! -.-
    • Cyberfanatix 3.0
« Reply #1243 on: 15 of May of 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
*facepalm* What are they? Kindergarden schoolyard kids or video game professionals? What kind of attitude is that? What do they expect? Lack of competence? They cannot see his shitty-ass excuse of a game that is SFxT was a smoking pile of turd that looked more like a beta than a real finished game (I'm not going to the DLC thing, you already know my take on that), and there's lot of better games and options so of course gamers would play them more than that crap!

Take it like a man, Capcom, you sucked on this game~! It was a terrible idea since the beginning and it's a terrible game overall! The sells have spoken!

"Scissor is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper.

Offline Shiki Orochinagi

• Story Mode
« Reply #1244 on: 15 of May of 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
"Since all of you noticed our DLC we will try to hide the nest DLC more deep on the disc"

Man, now Im really confused to buy or not buy rE6