Author Topic: Tekken Tag Tournament 2/Revolution Thread  (Read 113038 times)

Offline Onyxe Beart

• Single Mode
  • Eternal Lust
Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Thread
« Reply #315 on: 17 of April of 2012, 05:09:47 AM »
Miharu is coming back.... hooray.
Dead or Alive 6 : MilaXAkira, SarahXTina, LisaXKokoro, MarieXHelena

http://www.freestepdodge.com/attachments/1-gif.4802/

Offline Don Vecta

• The Hammer of CX
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
  • It's a dictatorship, I tell you! -.-
    • Cyberfanatix 3.0
« Reply #316 on: 17 of April of 2012, 07:11:50 AM »
Harada confirms that the game will have more than 50 characters in the console version !

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/16/harada-more-50-characters-coming-tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Ah Harada ... Me love you long time <3

Okay, no pretext not to have Michelle, Kunimitsu, Doc Boskonovitch, Combot, Miharu, Gon?, Alex, Angel, P. Jack, Tiger?

"Scissor is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper.

Online Mikel

• Doom netplay enthusiast
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Online Mode
  • KOF XIII is SO November 2011
« Reply #317 on: 17 of April of 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
Console version trailer!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - PS3/X360 - We are Tekken!

The logo in the end is so kickass.

Offline Don Vecta

• The Hammer of CX
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
    • Cyberfanatix 3.0
« Reply #318 on: 17 of April of 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
Console version trailer!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - PS3/X360 - We are Tekken!

The logo in the end is so kickass.

Oh? Will Smith's Switch as BGM? I never could imagine so. Sounds cool, though. :P

I love that track, BTW!

Online Mikel

• Final SNK Boss
  • Online Mode
« Reply #319 on: 17 of April of 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
Details on the fight lab revealed!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-full-details-new-fight-lab/

• Harada's brief to his development team: "We want a tutorial, but we don't want it to be called a tutorial. It has to be a series of mini-games where the player doesn't realise that they're learning Tekken - they're enjoying the mini-games as they go along. But then they look back and realise they've gotten better, too."

• Fight Lab finds you taking control of Combot - a fighting robot designed by Violet (who is actually Lee Chaolan in disguise). The idea is that you train up the Combot by helping it to complete exercises.

• As you progress through Fight Lab's challenges you'll be able to learn iconic special moves that belong to other Tekken characters. "Essentially what this means is you can customise the moveset of your Combot," says director Katsuhiro Harada. "You can have Nina's Blonde Bomb, Paul's Phoenix Smasher and Heihachi's Wind God Fist all in one character." You'll also unlock items that change the look of your bot.

• You'll be able to pit your customised Combot against other players online. "Currently we hope to be able to use them in Arcade mode and online play," says Harada. "Obviously there's a problem with ranked matches, but other than that we hope to have other modes available."

• One of the first minigames lets you to pull of complex attacks and combos by tapping any button successively; the aim here is to teach players the importance of basic timing. After this prologue sequence, Violet/Lee accidentally destroys the Combot, and you start again with a new unit - and full controls.

• The next challenge requires players to perform high, medium and low attacks against incoming henchmen. Initially, this simply demands that you respond to icons that appear over the opponent, and perform the relevant attack. In the subsequent challenge, hitting the incorrect target will result in an explosion that damages the Combot.

• These targeting exercises round off with a boss fight against Jack, where the only way to prevent a damaging counter attack is to hit specific parts of his body.

• Aside from what was shown, Harada discussed two other mini-game concepts that may show up in the final release. The first is a side-stepping trainer where the player must avoid (or collect) either incoming sushi, or small pandas which roll towards the Combot.

• Another suggested idea is a Juggling tutorial where players must hit Gon up into the air and then keep him afloat with successive strikes. With each successful hit Gon expands like a beachball, until he eventually pops.

• Overall, Fight Lab is designed to train beginners and advanced players alike. Challenges are graded based upon time and efficiency, so skilled players will acquire rewards faster.

Seems interesting. As a Tekken vet myself, I will definitely try this out once I get the console version this Christmas.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #320 on: 17 of April of 2012, 11:02:56 AM »
Dayum, Harada always goes all out on console versions. ;D
I'm just hoping for improved customization on consoles, like hands and feet being seperate customization again like in 6.

A bit disappointed the console trailer was just some of gamespot's Double Trouble footage, spliced with the intro movie, and a bit of other footage. :-\

Also new Harada interview on DLC and netcode.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1325820/tekken_tag_tournament_2_harada_talks_netcode_dlc_controversy_character_list.html

Netcode is SoulCalibur V's, and Harada says he would never charge for DLC characters.

What is your approach to DLC in Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

Regarding DLC, or disk-locked content, Tekken’s never really done that before and charged for it. However, we did have a system, if you remember Tekken one through five, where characters unlocked as you play, but we never charged for it. The concept itself was there.  

Really the player’s opinions and heated discussions surrounding this is about whether or not you should charge for it. And this isn’t really directed at Capcom, it’s something I’ve been saying for a long time now, I see characters and their move sets as kind of like chess pieces.

They are essential items necessary in the competitive aspect of the game and we would never sell them individually. I’ve been saying that since before the whole thing happened and that stance hasn’t changed.

Edit, just saw another thing on eventhubs where he said he could make early unlocks pre-order bonuses (but you could still unlock them manually playing the game), and make random DLC things that fans ask for as DLC on twitter and such.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/apr/17/harada-no-paid-dlc-characters-tekken-paid-dlc-vanity-items-possibility/
« Last Edit: 17 of April of 2012, 04:29:25 PM by TheDuskwalker »

Offline Onyxe Beart

• Single Mode
  • Eternal Lust
« Reply #321 on: 17 of April of 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
Nice Will Smith. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice if Namco did a all female trailer with Brooke Valentine's Girl Fight

Online Mikel

• Final SNK Boss
  • Online Mode
« Reply #323 on: 17 of April of 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
Something to make Ono-san jealous.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will use modified version of Soul Calibur 5's netcode, handles three to five times the data of Street Fighter 4.

Probably with a netcode like an updated version of SC5's, it would obviously beat SFIV's netcode.

Oh, and no DLC characters for the entire series.

Stay classy, Tekken.
« Last Edit: 17 of April of 2012, 06:39:11 PM by Mikel »

Offline 00Bear00

• Challenge Mode
  • Kick back relax
« Reply #324 on: 17 of April of 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
NICE we might get an actual complete game cant remember the last time I had one of those

Offline Don Vecta

• The Hammer of CX
  • Final SNK Boss
  • Professional Mode
    • Cyberfanatix 3.0
« Reply #325 on: 17 of April of 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
Brazil stage revealed.

Hmmm it's more like the Formless like Water stage from Tekken 5.

Oh, and no DLC characters for the entire series.

Stay classy, Tekken.

A nice "friendly" slap to the face to his "buddy" Ono. Show'em how to be a good game company, Namco!
« Last Edit: 17 of April of 2012, 10:30:44 PM by Don Vecta »

Offline Mai~Crimsonheart

• Survival Mode
  • I'll send you my love on a wire ~
« Reply #326 on: 18 of April of 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
Harada gives me orgasms. I love how awesome he is.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #327 on: 18 of April of 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/l_4f8d471790c10.jpg
Tekken Tag Tournament 2/Revolution Thread

Harada's one lucky pimp.

Offline Onyxe Beart

• Single Mode
  • Eternal Lust
« Reply #328 on: 18 of April of 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
That brazil stage is beautiful and no Anacondas to boot. Japanese Lili is gorg.

Offline TheDuskwalker

• Versus Mode
« Reply #329 on: 19 of April of 2012, 11:15:10 AM »
In random Tekken related news Lili is going to be in the upcoming PSP Digimon game developed by Tri-Ace. No other details on if she's playable or what were given.