1. If KOF Ash UM is announced, which battle mode would you prefer? Tag, 3-on-3 or "choose mode before you play"
Tag, the XI system is perfect IMO.
2. In case it applies the Tactical Shift System, would you like to have a “2003” and “XI” system select mode?
See above, IMO the 2003 TS system is merely a "prototype" XI engine.
3. Which Button Layout should be applied? 4, 5 or Choose your own layout
Five buttons, though I wouldn't mind a sixth "Tag" button to minimize the double-button commands.
4. If it is a 4-button scheme, how will you assign the Tag, Knockdowns, and LDMs?
With four buttons, I see no alternative to the 2003 way (AC/BD to tag, CD for Knockdown), except that LDM commands should only use a single button rather than two (i.e. qcb, hcf+A OR C, not qcb, hcf+AC).
5. Would you like to have the Quick Emergency Evade?
6. Would you like to have about Knockdown attacks, in case this will be a 4-button game?
7. Would you like to charge Knockdown Attacks from KOF XII?
8. Would you like to Guard Attack (back + Knockdown) from KOF XII?
9. Would you like to bring back the Tag Limit System from KOF 2003?
10. Would you like to bring back the Change Attack System from KOF 2003?
11. Would you like to have a Guard Cancel Change Attack from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?
12. Would you like to keep the Quick Shift and Save Shift from KOF XI?
Yes, but the Saving Shift should do no damage and certainly not lead into combos.
13. Would you like to keep the Stun Gauge from KOF XI?
14. Would you like to keep the Judgment System from KOF XI?
15. Would you like to keep the Skill Gauge from KOF XI?
Yes, it helps balance out the Quick/Saving Shift systems.
16. Would you like to have the Change Attack and Quick/Save Shifts co-exist in this game?
No. IMO the long hitstun of a Change Attack is somewhat redundant in a game where practically every special move/DM is already comboable, so Quick Shifts will suffice.
17. Would you like to change the Leader System?
18. Would you like to have the ability to switch Leaders before a match in Single Player Mode?
Can't say it matters to me, but why not?
19. Should most characters regain or acquire another Throw Moves?
Yes! I particularly miss Ralf and Clark's scrapped throw animations.
20. Should Super Desperation Moves be applied for Ash UM?
Yes. I think every character should have two DMs (one Stock to use), one SDM (two Stocks to use) and one Leader DM (two Stocks + Leader status, more useful than the SDM in some way).
21. How many Seconds should the timer be? 99 or 60
22. Which KOF 2003 and XI characters would you think to be buffed or upgraded?
Momoko should gain some range and strength, and Elisabeth would definitely be given at least two more special moves.
23. Which characters would you like to add moves?
Again, Elisabeth needs more moves (her Coup de Vein could be changed to a command dash, multiple choice move). Malin could use more effective anti-air/set-up tools, as well.
24. Which characters would you like to have different Leader Desperation Moves?
Clark (multi-throw SDM and LDM with Big Ben Edge animation!)
Mary (multi-throw SDM and her Real Bout 1 instant, non-dash Mary Driving Smasher as LDM)
Malin (wire catch with two versions - ground version goes into electric shocks, then pulls the opponent towards her for a crooked arm lariat, air version hangs the opponent from the ceiling, slashes a few times and finishes with a Naruto-style exploding tag)
Athena (Psychic-12 as an SDM, with a few LDM-exclusive finishes)
Kensou (decrease the damage boost but have it last until he tags out and change his DM/SDM animations+damage after it connects)
25. Do you like to have EX versions of some characters in this game?
No, I would rather have the characters feel complete on their own.
26. If yes, who it will be?
27. There are 43 regular playable characters in 2003 and XI (Arcade version) combined. Arrange them into teams.
New Heroes Team: Kyo, Iori, Elisabeth
Benimaru Team: Benimaru, Duo Lon, Shingo
Garou Densetsu Team: Terry, Joe, Kim
Yamato Damashii Team: Andy (brought back), Mai, Jubei Yamada (yes!)
Kyokugenryuu Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri
Women’s Team: King, Mary, Kasumi
High School Girls Team: Hinako, Malin, new character
Psycho Soldier Team: Athena, Kensou, Momoko
Heidern Team: Heidern (brought back), Leona, Adelheid
Ikari Team: Ralf, Clark, Whip
Ex-NESTS Team: K’, Maxima, Kula
Agents Team: Vanessa, Seth (brought back), Ramon
Immoral Team: Ash, Oswald, new character
Criminals Team: Billy, Yamazaki, Shen Woo
Hizoku Shitennou Team: Sai, Ran, Chitto/Chat
Sub-boss 1: Long (Ron)
Sub-boss 2: Botan & Rose
In other words, drop Duck King, Eiji, Daimon, Chang, Jhun, the MotW characters and all the bosses/secret characters except Adelheid.
28. Should Adelheid be a Boss (like in 2003) or a Mid-boss (like in XI)?
Neither; a regular character.
29. How about Chizuru Kagura, a sub-boss or a final boss?
Neither; not fighting due to Ash’s… attentions.
30. Except for the sub-bosses and end-bosses, Would you like to have this game to have new stages?
31. Would you like to hear Remixes of classic KOF/SNK Themes, Remixes of 2003/XI themes or new sets of themes?
A little of everything, I guess.
32. Would you like to have some special themes for Special Edit themes like in KOF ’98 UM?
33. Which do you prefer when the team theme plays? Leader-based or Team-based
34. How about an arranged version of the Soundtracks?
35. Would you like to reuse the User Interface from KOF 2003, KOF XI or apply a new User Interface?
A new one.
36. Would you like to reuse some character portraits/illustrations from KOF 2003 or XI or give them a new set?
New set, similar to that of 2000.
37. Would you like to reuse the XI Illustrations as official art (plus new ones) in this game or give them a new set?
New set, natch.
38. Since Robert in 2003 and NGBC/XI are played by different voice actors, Should 2003 Robert keep his 2003 voice or be “re-voiced” by his NGBC/XI voice actor?
2003 all the way.
39. Who are the other characters that should be re-recorded?
Blue Mary! Her English somehow gets worse as the years go by…
40. Which characters would you like their sprites to be redrawn, like May Lee and Orochi Chris in 2002 UM?
Andy, Mai (both of these in their FF3/RB1 costumes), Yuri (new costume), Billy, Yamazaki.
41. Should the game get some changes in visual effects?
Get rid of the gigantic “Super Cancel” and “Dream Cancel” messages. Please.
42. Would you like to have added effects when performing a Change Attack and/or Quick/Save Shifts?
43. Should the effects when performing Super Cancels and Dream Cancels be different from performing DMs/LDMs?
44. Would you like to see the DM/LDM effects similar to 2003 or XI or have a completely new DM/LDM Effects?
New (subtle) ones, like those in ‘96.
45. Since it is a dream match, we get special illustrations of teams at the end, Which type of ending illustrations we should get? '98 style or XI style?
46. Would you like the default teams in 2003 (including the Sacred Treasures) and XI to have their own Ending Pictures?
47. Let’s assume that this game will be released in the arcades first, which Arcade Board you like this game to see? Type X, System Y2 or another (specify)
Too uninformed regarding the specifics to form an opinion.
48. As for a console port, which console would you like this game to be released? PS2, Wii, 360 or PS3
PS2 should suffice, but PS3 would be preferable.
49. Would you like to have this game some console-only characters (like the PS2 KOF XI)?
50. If so, would you like to keep the PS2-only XI characters for the console port?
51. In case this game ends up in the Nintendo Wii. Would you like to have mini-games?
Wii is for Mario games. ^_^
52. In case there is a Challenge Mode, do you like to have this game an Expert Challenge Mode?
53. Would you like to have some Character-specific themes for the console?
54. Would you like to add Graphic Filters for the Console Port?
I can never tell the difference… ^_^
55. How about 3D-enhanced Stages for the Console?
Sacrilege! Ugly, too.
56. Would you like to have an Arranged Mode for this game?
No, the default mode should be balanced enough to invalidate the need for such a mode.
57. Do you think this game will be a completely new game rather than a remake of either KOF 2003 or XI?
Hopefully a new game, but a remake of XI would do.
58. What will be your expectations of this game in terms of game speed?
XI Arrange Mode speed.